Kitchen Remodel Interior Design Phoenix, Scottsdale
KITCHEN RENOVATION – Interior Design Phoenix/Scottsdale – TRADITIONAL STYLE – Scenario #1
For this Kitchen Remodel I was hired by clients who love European/American traditional styles. The residence they purchased had mixed design features that didn’t suit their preference for the harmonious, comfortable and relaxed elegance that traditional styles bring to a home.
1) The first thing I did is create a more efficient layout for the space. Changing the “L” shape counter for a perimeter counter with a center breakfast/preparation island.
2) I equipped the island with its own sink, a vast preparation area, refrigerator/freezer drawers, recycle bins, utensils drawers and generous lighting from recessed cans right above preparation area. To define the breakfast counter: I used a long butcher block panel elevated from the main granite surface of the island and brought down pendants with shades to avoid glare and embrace our design direction.
3) To give the space a greater sense of height I sloped the ceiling and applied decorative wood beams to create a country kitchen atmosphere.
4) Regarding surfaces: I replaced the glossy small floor tile with a large size Vermont slate which gives the kitchen the texture and warmth it was missing. For the backsplash I selected a light handmade crackled tile and only placed inlaid rosettes and liners behind the cook-top (focal point).
5) As for the cabinetry, I changed the light maple for a rich raised panel mahogany door style, using crown details and adapting the layout to house state of the art appliances. There is an almost luxurious quality to the deep red tones brought up by the mahogany finish against the pale blue background of the walls.
This amazing transformation earned Ernesto Garcia, ASID an “Award of Excellence” from the “American Society of Interior Designers – AZ North Chapter”